Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A Weekend in Paradise...well paradise to me at least!



So I had the pleasure of studying with Kelly Mehler, an awesome craftsman residing in Berea Ky, for a long weekend at his shop.

This weekend changed my whole perspective on the furniture making process. I was lucky enough to learn how to cut joinery with Kelly at his shop in Berea Ky. This place was amazing! Kelly was one of the nicest most knowledgeable guys I have ever had the pleasure of working with.

After this weekend I don't think I will ever look at the process of joinery the same way. Using handsaws and hand planes is definitely the way to go for cutting joints. The control is un-paralleled. It is also a lot quiter! Almost zen like.

Thanks Kelly!! You are the man!!




No comments:

Post a Comment